- Full visit to one wine farm, including the vineyards
- Get in touch with the historical importance of the Arade River in the economy of the region. Visit to a canned fish factory, this was a big activity with large factories and production lines. That heritage in the bank of the river jumps in sight (the museum of Portimão is a good example).
- In this tour we will visit a modern factory of crafted canned fish and gourmet products to see their modern but mostly handmade process. We will have a degustation of their products made with tuna, sardines, mackerel and horse mackerel combined with local vegetables and condiments.
- Lunch happens in the old town of Portimão, area that developed in connection with the importance of the river and the activity of fishing. To know the influence and legacy of these activities in the gastronomy, we will sit in a tavern restaurant, also on the bank of the river. A top quality restaurant using fresh products bought every day from local producers, that is one of the most iconic places of the town and ex-libris of the Portimão’s gastronomy.
- Pick-up and drop-off in the area of Portimão (Other locations also available, please ask for conditions).
- Permanent guide (since the pick-up) during all the tour
- Visits to one wine estate and tasting of 3 wines
- Visit to canned fish factory and 5 degustations of gourmet products: Sardine with tomato confit; Mackerel with green olives and almonds; Horse mackerel with carrots and coriander; Tuna with sweet potato; Tuna Algarvian style.
- Lunch at top quality restaurant that includes; starters, free selection of main course, house wine and water, dessert and coffee
This tour can happen:
Tuesdays, wednesdays, thursdays, fridays
Groups size and privacy
Groups of 4 to 24 people:
The tour will be totally private and exclusive for your party.
Groups of 2-3 people:
- May have to share the tour with another group of 2-3 people. If it’s the case there will be a maximum of 2 parties with size of 2-3 people, meaning a tour with a maximum of 6 people.
- When there's no other party to join your date, the tour will happen just with you.
- However, is possible to reserve a total private tour for a group of 2-3 people, by paying an aditional charge of 50€ (This fee is not per person).